Triceps literally means “three heads” on your arms. What many people forget that you need to focus more on triceps than biceps if bigger arms are on your priority list for long. To help you achieve this long-awaited demand, we show you the top five exercises for massive bulging triceps.
Beginners’ Guide to Get More Bodily Strength
Every body is different and not every exercise suits all. The best bodyweight exercises for more strength would surely help you gain from these Triceps Exercises. Please understand that all these triceps growth exercises given below assume your body, especially your hands are able to withstand the extra pressure. If not, there is a possibility you might harm yourself.
Now that everything is clear, let us march towards triceps gaining exercises so that you can flaunt the dress. Don’t know which one? Well, you need to read till the end. But for now let us go on.
#1 Best Done Slow – Close Grip Bench Press
Remember that while doing this exercise, you need to do slow reps whether going up or down. It is an ultimate triceps workout and should be included in your arms exercises. A Close Grip ensures you hit the whole triceps and also ensure you get an added bonus of chest body building benefits as well. So you hit two birds with one stone and if you can benefit without extra effort then why not go for it?
#2 Do it correctly on a declining bench and be a winner – Skullcrusher
Go light and ensure you keep your elbows in a locked position always. This is one of the most applauded triceps gaining exercise of all time. A small mistake and you can damage your elbow joints else this will blow up the long head of your triceps and give you the maximum arm size! This is not difficult but many people do not do it correctly and end up on the losing side.
Also Read: 5 Exercises to Increase Biceps Size
#3 The most versatile triceps workout – Triceps Pressdown
Ensure that you lean a little and go heavy because this exercise will put strain on your core muscles as well. For a satisfying performance include Whey Protein as well in your daily diet plan. This triceps workout for muscle mass is the most versatile to do as it also covers the short head of the triceps. Use whatever handles your gym provides to hit the short head of your triceps from different angles.
#4 The Complete Triceps Exercise – Triceps Dips
Go up slow and down for these triceps dips for the complete workout regimen. Here you are going to use your triceps to lift your bodyweight which for your triceps is not really lightweight. Once you start making progress you can also add plates to your lap so that the triceps need to pull even more weight making it an enriching experience.
Also Read: Best Beginners Guide for Chest Exercises
#5 Great Finisher to Triceps Workout – Diamond Push-Ups
Wow, it is a great finisher to any triceps exercise but many overlook this one. It is just like a normal pushup but is different because of the diamond-like hand placement. Here, high reps are the key. You should do as many reps as you can until you cannot lift your arms anymore.
- Whenever going down, use extra pressure on fingers as if trying to make a dent on the surface. Release the pressure when moving up. Also try pressing till returning to the starting position.
- You need to slowly gain the confidence to do it and understand that doing in haste could result in some injury.
- It is recommended that you take one step at a time, gain mastery and only then proceed to the next step.
- It is a good practice of doing this under someone’s supervision at all times.
Points to think upon and act
- Do as many warm-ups as you need, but never take warm-ups to muscle failure.
- Gradually choose a weight that allows you to reach muscle failure by the target rep listed.
- Go slightly heavy on your first working set (first two sets of the first two exercises), and lighten the weight for slightly higher reps on successive sets.
- If you don’t have a partner, train as close to muscle failure as possible, and perform a drop-set on your last set of each exercise.
Use these exercises to your maximum benefit and we are sure you will flaunt your gains in a sleeveless shirt. Would you mind posting a picture as a goodwill gesture?